Call for Articles
Revista Portuguesa de Musicologia (RPM, nova série) / Portuguese Journal of Musicology (RPM, New Series)
The Portuguese Journal of Musicology (RPM, New Series) is an on-line refereed journal open to all areas of music research. It is co-published by the Portuguese Society for Music Research (SPIM) and by two research centres based at the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal), the Institute of Ethnomusicology – Centre for Studies in Music and Dance (INETMD) and the Centre for the Study of Sociology and Aesthetics of Music (CESEM). The RPM New Series seeks to provide continuity to the journal initially published by the Portuguese Musicological Association in 1991.
RPM will be published twice annually (June and December), and will include major research articles as well as reviews of books, recordings and other media. English and Portuguese are the primary languages, but articles in Spanish, French and Italian will also be welcome.
The RPM will not consider articles that have been published elsewhere or that are currently under consideration by another journal.
1. Article length should be between 5,000-10,000 words, including footnotes and references. However, both longer and shorter articles may also be considered.
2. Articles should be submitted in electronic form, as e-mail attachments. Figures, tables, and musical examples should be provided as separate files.
3. Please include, in separate attachments a covering file including the title of the article submitted, the author’s name and institutional affiliation (if any) and full contact details; a short abstract in English (between 100 and 250 words), including at least five keywords, and a biographical note of the author (around 60 words).
4. Because the peer review process is anonymous, the author’s name should not appear on any of the documents other than the covering file and the biographical note.
5. The authors are responsible for obtaining copyright permission for all the documents they propose for publication.
6. If the article is accepted for publication, the authors are required to format a final copy following the RPM style sheet.
Please send all materials for review to:
CESEM, Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas
26-C Av. de Berna, 1069-069, Lisboa - Portugal
Articles submitted by 31 May 2012 will be considered for the first issue of RPM
Portuguese Journal of Musicology (New Series)
Board of Directors
Paulo Ferreira de Castro (President of SPIM),
Salwa El-Shawan Castelo-Branco (President of INET-MD)
Mário Vieira de Carvalho (President of CESEM).
João Pedro d’Alvarenga (CESEM, FCSH-UNL)
Manuel Deniz Silva (INET-MD, FCSH-UNL)
Luísa Cymbron (CESEM, FCSH-UNL)
Assistant Reviews Editor
Ricardo Pinheiro (INET-MD, Universidade Lusíada de Lisboa)
Philip V. Bohlman, University of Chicago (USA)
Gianmario Borio, Università degli Studi di Pavia (Italy)
Manuel Carlos de Brito, Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal)
Juan José Carreras, Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain)
Juan Pablo González, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (Chile)
Kimberly Holton, Rutgers University (USA)
Maria Elizabeth Lucas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)
Diósnio Machado Neto, Universidade de São Paulo (Brazil)
Max Paddison, Durham University (UK)
Owen Rees, University of Oxford (UK)
Susan Rutherford, University of Manchester (UK)
Tilman Seebass, Leopold Franz Universität Innsbruck (Austria)
Anthony Seeger, University of California - Los Angeles (USA)
Andreas Georg Stascheit, Fachhochschule Dortmund (Germany)
Chris Washburne, Columbia University (USA)